The Koblenz Gate or Michaelstor is part of the Prince Electors' Residential Palace. The gate spans the road to Koblenz. Prince Elector Clemens-August arranged for the gate to be constructed between 1751 - 57. It was used by the knights' order of Holy Michael as an archive and collection room. Guardrooms and customs offices were formerly located in the gate's side passages. The sharply protruding pairs of columns are a striking feature, which make the gate stand out in particular together with the Prince Electors' coat of arms. Above this the four knights of the order of Michael are represented in the form of statutes: Devoutness, endurance, strength and loyalty. The centre point is formed by the gold-plated lead cast of the Archangel Michael.