Historic Godesburg castle
For 800 years Godesburg castle has towered over the Bonn district of Godesberg, to which it gave its name. As one of the first high castles on the Rhine, the construction of the fortification was started in 1210 by Dietrich von Hengebach in order to monitor the southern border of the Cologne archbishopric. The castle was a popular place to stay for the Cologne Electors during the Middle Ages. In 1583 it was blown up by Catholic Bavarian troops, after the Elector Archbishop Truchsess zu Waldburg converted to the Reformed Church and was excommunicated by the Pope; only the castle keep remained intact. The graves of well-known people are located in the terraced castle cemetery.
From Godesburg castle there are far-reaching views over Bad Godesberg, the Siebengebirge and the Rhine valley.
The restaurant in Godesburg castle attracts visitors with its stylish fittings, where exquisite meals are served and the hectic pace of everyday life can be forgotten. In addition, the restaurant also serves a wide range of coffees and cakes. This is probably the most beautiful view in the area and is definitely worth a visit.
Godesburg Event GmbH
Auf dem Godesberg 5
53177 Bonn-Bad Godesberg